Tryanuary at Home - Craft Beer 2021
Is this the ‘new normal’? Let’s hope it’s only temporary as we’re missing a freshly poured pint in one of our favourite Sheffield boozers… 10
With lockdown now expected to be enforced until late-March at the earliest it’s unlikely that we’ll be stepping back into a pub until beer garden weather. Thankfully Sheffield has some great bottle shops so we don’t have to rely on Carlsberg to get us through the pandemic.
Tryanuary has become a month in the calendar where beer drinkers are encouraged to try something new, whether that’s a new style, brewery or a beer you wouldn’t automatically go-to. For those who drink craft beer in Sheffield’s independent or local brewery-owned pubs this task isn’t too difficult thanks to cask and keg lines constantly on rotation (it can be more of a challenge to drink the same pint two visits running…).
We might not be able to sit at the bar and sample thirds of the latest beers on the taps but we can still try something different at home.
We caught with a few spots in Sheffield still open for your beer needs, either collection/delivery and asked for some recommendations.
Craft & Berry (Ecclesall Road)
- Straight Outta Crosspool by Crosspool Ale Makers Society – West Coast IPA 5.6%
- Moonshine by Abbeydale Brewery – Pale Ale 4.3%
- Thanks Again For Your Support by Cloudwater Brew Co – Triple IPA 10%
All beers available for Click & Collect from Craft & Berry on Ecclesall Road or delivery within 4 miles.
Walkley Beer Co. (Walkley)
- Why Kick a Moo Cow by Arbor – New Zealand Pale 5.5%
- Talti Farmhouse by The White Hag – Saison 4.4%
- Bruges Got by Brouwerij De Halve Maan – Classic Belgian Blonde
All beers are available from Walkley Beer Co. in Walkley.
Penistone Beer Shop (Penistone)
- Captain Gingerbread by Geeves Brewery – Ginger Wheat Beer 4.£%
- Halliday by Loxley Brewery – Yorkshire Bitter 4%
- Peated Pale by Simple Things Fermentations – Pale Ale with Scottish peated malt 5.8%
All beers available to buy from Penistone Beer Shop in Penistone. Delivery available within 5 miles.
The Dram Shop (Commonside)
All beers available to buy from The Dram Shop in Commonside.
Beer Central – The Moor Market
- Hibernation by Abbeydale Brewery – Dry Hopped Pale Ale (GF & Vegan) 4.2%
- Fruited Sour IPA a collab by Reptilian Brewery & Steel City Brewing – Pineapple Sour IPA 6.3%
- Gogmagog by Neepsend Brew Co. – Tonka Bean, Cocoa & Vanilla Stout 9%
All beers are available to buy from Beer Central at The Moor Market or request delivery via Facebook.
Archer Road Beer Stop – Archer Road
- Through The Sticks by Abbeydale Brewery – Rosemary & Lemon Lichtenhainer 5.1%
- Allgäuer Büble Bier Edelbräu by Allgäuer Brauhaus – German Lager 5.5%
- Heaven & Hell by Brouwerij de Molen – Breckenbridge barrel aged Imperial Stout 15.4%
All beers are available to pick up from Archer Road Beer Stop.
The Bar Stewards – Shalesmoor
- Tumbles by Beak Brewery – IPA 6.5%
- Shades On by Deya Brewing – IPA 6.8%
- Barrel-Aged Molten Double Chocolate Fudge Cake Supreme by Lervig – Imperial Stout 12%
All beers available for delivery (within 7.5 miles) of The Bar Stewards in Shalesmoor.
Order here (10% off in January!).